- Environmental Health
- Onsite Wastewater
Existing septic system REQUEST FORM
Click here for instructions and tips for finding required information to complete above form.
Applications – all of the following applications are made through Accela Citizen Portal
- New soil evaluations (this includes EOP, AOWE and LSS submissions)
Video instructions – if you just need help uploading documents or pay fees, go to minute marker 12:30
- Septic inspections, Repairs, Expansions, Additional acreage
Video instructions – if you just need help uploading documents or pay fees, go to minute marker 10:55
- New drinking water wells, Well head inspection, Drinking water well sampling, well abandonment applications
Video instructions – if you just need help uploading documents or pay fees, go to minute marker 9:25
Owner legal representation form
Soil evaluations are performed to determine the suitability of a proposed site for ground absorption sewage disposal. Septic inspections are performed on existing septic systems for the purpose of acquiring a building permit for structural additions, new mobile homes, swimming pools, etc.
The inspection of installations on all new sewage disposal systems is performed to insure compliance with the rules and regulations that govern these systems. Permits are issued for both new septic systems as well as any needed repairs. Environmental Health Specialists also investigate complaints relative to onsite wastewater.
- .1900 Sewage Treatment and Disposal Systems (PDF)
- North Carolina General Statutes 130A regarding wastewater (PDF)
- DEH Onsite Water Protection Branch
- Abandoning a septic tank (PDF)
- Maintenance care of septic tanks
- North Carolina Septic Tank Association