Public Health Policy
The purpose of this page is to share policy-related information that may impact the health and wellbeing of Cabarrus residents.
Social determinants of health are the conditions in which people are born, live, work and play. Examples include access to reliable transportation, healthy foods, quality education, and clean air, land, and drinking water. These things have a major influence on people’s health.
Policies are one of the most effective tools to improve the health of our entire community. Using the social determinants of health framework, the CHA policy committee will advocate for public health policies that create and protect our community so residents can achieve their best health.
We encourage you to explore the resources below and stay informed!
North Carolina Policies that Could Impact Public Health
- What expanding Medicaid would mean for North Carolina
- Care4Carolina Closing the Gap
- Medicaid Eligibility Income Chart by State – Updated March 2022
- Board of Health Medicaid Expansion Support Resolution March 2023
- Board of Health Tobacco 21 Resolution March 2023
- Cabarrus Health Alliance 100% Tobacco Free Campus Policy
Call to Action – Your Voice Matters
- Register to vote
- Contact your local, state and national legislators and elected leaders:
- Advocate for your health at the national level